Okonomiyaki is often described as a Japanese pizza. It can be filled with various Ingredients like fish, cheese, bacon, ricecake or different vegetables.
Normally its made on a hot plate (Teppanyaki), but because I sadly live in Germany I developed my own way to make Okonomiyaki in 2 fry pans.
You can change the filling to your liking, although cabbage is more or less the filling you will found in nearly every Okonomiyaki.
I love noodles, this is why I went for a Yakisoba base. You can also skip the Yakisoba part and go with a plain egg base. ^_-
Ingredients (6 portions)
For the batter:
1,5 cups fleur
2 cups water
1 small bag of Dashimoto
Bacon stripes (12)
3 packs of Chuuka soba
As for the Yakisoba/ Okonomiyaki sauces: I like to use the brand “Otafuku”. I tried out various brands and just love the taste of this sauces. You can also make the sauces by yourself.
1) Cook the Chuuka soba and mix the soba with the Yakisoba sauce (like instructed on the package).
2) Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
3) Mix the Dashimoto, water and fleur until the lumps
Now we can start!
1) Pan 1: Fill some batter into the pan, wait a bit and top it with cheese
Pan 2: Fry the bacon until its crispy
2) Pan 1: Top the Batter with Cabbage, champions. Add some batter on the top and afterwards the bacon.
Pan 2: Fry 1 egg
3) Pan 1: Flip the whole thing (if some cabbage drops out, just push it under the batter after flipping). Wait until the cabbage is more or less cooked (to your liking).
4) Pan 2: Put the egg onto a plate. Top the egg with the prepared Yakisoba.
5) Pan 1: Take the batter and put it on the yakisoba.
6) Decorate it with Okonomiyaki sauce, Mayonnaise, Bonito and Nori
1) If you don’t like raw cabbage, fry it before adding the cabbage to the batter
2) If you use 2 pancake turners, its easier to flip the Okonomiyaki
3) Press the Okonomiyaki with the pancake turner in Step 3) from time to time in the pan.
Also press the Yakisoba on to the Egg after step 3). If you flatten it out, its easier to eat afterwards and don’t look like the tower of Pisa.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
And no worries this will not become a cooking blog.
Im not good at cooking at all. Actually Okonomiyaki is the only food I can make. XD
Finally you can get my new album also in my online shop!
You can also find prints and more albums at my online shop!
Please leave me a note if you want a personal dedication
Of course my new album will be also available during my signing sessions after my concerts in the future!
Thank you so much *o*
1. Connect ~ Magi Madoka Magica
2. Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari ~ Bakemonogatari
3.Departures ~ Guilty Crown
4. Starring Child ~ Gundam UC
5. Namae no Nai Kaibutsu ~ Psycho Pass
6. Crossing Field ~ Sword Art Online
7. History Maker ~ Yuri!!! on Ice
8. You Only Live Once ~ Yuri!!! on Ice
9. Share the World ~ One Piece
10. Hikari e ~ One Piece
11. Mirai ~ Orange
12. Bad Apple!! ~ Touhou – Remix
Iam very happy to announce that I am going to release a new collab CD with Iron Attack
I am one of 4 international vocalists and had the honour to write my own German lyrics.
The CD will be sold at the 91th Comiket
at the 29th – 31th December at Tokyo Big side!
You can find the booth at the 29th in the east hall, ロ-14a.
I am so excited and cannot wait!
If you are also as axcited as I am here a small demo:
I will post later more about the release!
It was such an honour to be a guest at such an awesome event!
For me, it was the first time at a Comic Convention and I am just so overwhelmed how many people visited my booth and conert!
Thanks everyone for your support and for giving me such an wonderful time!
Thank you guys for supporting me for 10 years!
I gave my first official concert at the “Chisaii goes Con” in march 2006.
I still can remember how nervous and happy I was to sing in front of so many people the first time in my life.…
At this time I not even dreamed about singing regularly at conventions in front of more than 3.000 people or to be invited to sing in Finland or Lithuania.
I never dared to think about producing CDs or working professionally as a singer.
And now in 2016 I can look back and say, that I am happy to have so many friends and people who are supporting me. I am happy that I was allowed to produce with my label “Anime Records” more than 4 long players and can give concerts on stages and even countries like Finland or Lithuania, I would never have dreamed of.
Thank you guys for making this possible, supporting me, hearing my music and coming to my concerts. It makes me happy to know that so many people are supporting me and sharing the things I love and life for.
Thank you! Thank you so much!